Tuesday 14 September 2010

3 months later

Well I haven't blogged for 4 months. Ironically my blog about procrastinating became something that I have procrastinated about the most. Three months is a long time so I'm not sure where to begin about what I have been doing.

The main event is having a flood, my bathroom tap was left on while I was at work and it flooded out my living room, destroying my laptop, tv and living room. Obviously, this took up a lot of my time and having no internet connection and no laptop is a big hurdle for blogging! The flood taught me a lot. I couldn't procrastinate with things like cleaning up a flood, dealing with the insurance company and keeping the rest of the house tidy. When it comes to housework I think I'm on the road to procrastinating recovery. It also taught me how unimportant possessions really are, when I discovered the damage to my house I realised within a couple of minutes that nothing was destroyed that couldn't be replaced. Amazingly this made me calm in the crisis. I like to think that it was my new outlook on life that made me feel so calm that day.

In May I spent an amazing weekend in London, I saw Paul McCartney at Hyde Park. Which is definitely a lifelong dream and something I can tick off my bucket list. I was wonderful, it reminded me of my childhood spent listening to my parents Beatles CD's and the hopes and inspirations their music used to give me. I guess seeing Paul McCartney rejuvinated me and reminded me of who I'd wanted to grow up to be as an adult. It inspired me to turn my life around.

With that in mind I returned home, absolutely on cloud nine unable to listen to anything but The Beatles and determined to FINALLY make a decision of what I wanted to do with my life career wise. I've decided that I want to become a social worker working with adults and the elderly. I have to do a two year postgraduate course to become qualified so to get onto the course I've started doing voluntary work with the elderly. I'm loving doing the voluntary work, it makes me feel so alive and excited to have a purpose. It also helps me to get through my mundane week in the office, knowing that I have a goal and eventually a job that I truely love to get to. Albiet in a few years time.

So having had my new laptop and internet connection for the last month, I've been so busy with voluntary work, whilst working full-time that my blog and twitter had to be put on the back burner. I'm guessing though as I'm not procrastinating as much as I used to and now that I have a goal and feel as if I'm really living my life again that I can be forgiven for that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment