Saturday 1 January 2011

It's a New Year I'm moving onwards and upwards!!

It's no secret that 2010 was a very difficult year in my life. It was the year that I realised how much I had put off doing and also the year that I actually started experiencing grown up problems. So for New Year's Eve me and my husband decided to have a quiet evening in, eat cheese and antipasti and drink cava whilst watching the TV. (The theory being that if we were drunk we would be maudlin). So we both woke up early and refreshed and hangover free. Fantastic. Today really feels like a new start and I feel free of all the problems of last year. Exactly how a New Year should be.

So today is the first day of the rest of my life. I have decided not to make resolutions except I will try to get into shape (for the first time in 2 years since my under active thyroid started affecting me) and my new start will be a desire to learn more and see more and do more. So far today I have spent half an hour on the wii fit, I have decided on my present for my niece/nephew. It is the hanging pockets from the fall/winter 2010 Debbie Bliss magazine

(its the picture at the bottom of the page)
I think it's the perfect present whether for girl and boy and something that will keep forever.
I have also been working a little more on my university application (I'm applying for a Masters in Social Work course starting in September), I have two weeks left before the deadline so am just perfecting things now although I still have some work on my personal statement.
Finally and most exciting me and my husband have booked our flights to Prague on 21st April. We are going for a month trip around Europe visiting; Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Poland, Belgium, France and Holland. This is the trip that has been postponed for years and so it feels amazing to have actually booked it! Roll on April.

I know it's only 17 hours into the new year but it feels very positive so far. I know with the birth of my first niece/nephew it will be an amazing one. Although the first few months will be waiting months whilst I'm waiting to find out if I get onto the course and waiting for our big trip. But at least I'll have the finishing of the kitchen (yep one year after buying our kitchen units the rest will be completed), knitting projects and learning German to keep me busy. For now Auf wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment